Saturday, June 2, 2012

A SILENT SALUTE


Perhaps it should not be silent?

This is about all those people who do things and we forget to thank them or even acknowledge them.
It's human nature, you see.

We have become a nation of moaners. We scream and we shout when someone gets it wrong.
How often do we compliment and praise when they get it right?


Every day we come into contact with people who do certain things for us, be it a plumber, an electrician, a handyman, the chaps who empty your bins once a week or the cashier at the local supermarket.

Even our own people like Our parents, friends when they advise us and others close to us. 


There are lots of people doing a great job out there and they are never recognized.
Because they do it properly.

A phrase that I remember : ' The squeaking wheel gets the oil."

I so wonder why we are so enthusiastic about complaining and less so when it comes to praise?

The other day I was in a road side shop with a friend where the assistant was so polite and cheerful. I concluded our transaction by thanking him for being so good at his job and so expressive. A brief expression of happiness flitted across his face before he told us a genuine thank u and do come again.

So this post is a silent tribute to all those people out there. The ones who do their jobs honestly and well. There are many of them. But we often don't see or recognize them because we are too busy watching out for the ones who would cheat us!

So!
Thank you mum for getting up early everyday and organizing everything for us.
Thank you dad as I am sure you curb your desires just to fulfill ours.
Thank you my friends who are there with me when I want someone to listen 
Thank you my maid who cleans my room everyday.
Thank you the guys who empty my bins every week..
Thank you people who takes my order on phone for being patient when I am myself confused what to order and what not.


There is so much that we just take for granted and so we don't notice.

'Don't find something wrong. Find something right"

To all those good people out there ( and there are many) thank you for doing your jobs right!

To all my readers who take out time to read my posts...... :)

HAPPY WEEKEND

1 comment: